I am in love with the Pirates & Mermaids Stamp Set! (And I don’t care who knows it!) I mean, I knew I adored the mermaid, but I didn’t totally fall for this stamp set until I used this swashbuckling seadog PIRATE on a card! He is just the right mix of rogue and adorable.
The crown jewel on this card (yes, you read that right) is the addition of real jewels spilling out of his treasure box. This element was fun to create and makes a huge impression on this kid’s birthday card. To create the treasure box, I just grabbed the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels and piled them on the card until the spoils sparkled to my heart’s content.
Honorable mention definitely goes to the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder. Combined with the Gold Foil Sheets, these make the card worthy of all your pieces of eight.Product List
- Pirates & Mermaids Cling Stamp Set 
- Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels 
- Seashells 3 D Embossing Folder 
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad 
- Basic White 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Basic Black 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Real Red 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Gold Foil Sheets 
- Real Red Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Soft Suede Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Bronze & Ivory Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine 
- Stampin' Seal+ 
- Mini Glue Dots 
- Stampin' Dimensionals 
- Bone Folder 
- Paper Trimmer 
- Paper Snips 
Card Making Instructions:
- Cut a piece of 8 ½ x 5 ½ Real Red Cardstock. Score at 4 ¼ and fold in half with Bone Folder.
- Cut a piece of Gold Foil Sheets at 2 x 5 ½ and emboss using the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder and the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine. (The Big Boss.) Adhere to card front with Mini Glue Dots.
- Using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Stamp the pirate image and “you are a treasure” or “happy birthday” on a piece of Basic White Cardstock sized 2 ¾ x 3 ½. Color the Pirate using Stampin’ Blends Markers in Real Red, Soft Suede, Ivory, Smoky Slate and Daffodil Delight.
- Layer the pirate piece on two more cardstock layers: Basic Black 3 x 3 ½ and Basic White 3 ¼ x 3 ¾. Attach to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, stamp the treasure box image on a scrap of Basic White Cardstock. Trim out the image with Paper Snips. Add Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels all over, creating the spilled treasure look.
- Send this card to anyone who is a treasure to you! Makes a great masculine anytime card or kids birthday card. Enjoy!
Check out the video for detailed instructions:Shopping List
Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator/Gold Elite
192 South 750 West
Lindon, UT 84042
Shop with me anytime: brandi.stampinup.net